Key West Sunshine Is Good For You!
Key West Opening June 1st after Covid-19.
Key West Sunshine is good for your health!
|Key West Beach|
1. Sunlight helps in cases of chronic or acute depression.
2. Sunlight improves your mood and moral Sunlight helps stimulate the synthesis of endorphins (good-feeling hormones). That's why we get depressed in the cold and dark days of the winter and are happy in the summertime.
3. The sun is good against insomnia. Daytime exposure to sunlight increases the melatonin production during the night. This hormone helps regulate the sleep.
5. As vitamin D and some related compounds impede the development of some cancer cells, we can say the sun fights off this disease. Regular and controlled exposure to the sun has a preventive effect against cancer of colon, breast, leukemia and lymphomas. Under the action of the sunlight, the skin synthesizes vitamin D, which makes possible calcium absorption in the intestine, helping the organism grow strong bones. This way the sun prevents Rachitism (Rickets) in both children and adults and osteoporosis in elders.
|Key West Sunset|
7. Sun rays improve liver functioning, being effective in treating jaundice.
8. They help the kidneys with a part of their job, as the sun waves favor the elimination of waste products through the skin, when we sweat.
9. The sun also helps losing weight by increasing the metabolic rate through the stimulation of the thyroid. It also eases symptoms of premenstrual syndrome.
10. The sun rays also ease the healing of the swollen joints during peaks of inflammation in cases of arthritis.
Article by Key West Author, Marjorie Spoto